TNP Privacy Statement
TNP takes your privacy very seriously. This Privacy Notice describes your rights as a TNP customer, user or supplier and clarifies how TNP will use your data.
Unless advised otherwise, TNP will be the data controller and the company to which you provide your consent for the processing of your personal data.
TNP have a documented policy and procedures for the handling of personal information in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (with effect from 25 May 2018). The following outlines TNP’s policy in relation to customer, suppliers & users:
1. What information do TNP collect and process?
TNP collect and process personal data about customer, potential customers, users and suppliers from the point of start of engagement with TNP or TNP services and throughout the life of the relationship. The personal data for each customer includes some or all of the following:
- Name, work address, email address and phone number(s);
- Job title;
- Payment and delivery details, including billing address and details;
- Details of fault tickets, service requests and orders logged with TNP;
- Order history
2. What is the source of this information?
Information is obtained via one or more of the following channels:
- face to face at marketing/sales/promotion events or site meetings
- enquiries via TNP’s website;
- registrations and orders placed on TNP’s Webstore;
- orders placed with suppliers;
- registration information from users of TNP provided services
3. How will TNP use collected information?
TNP process the personal data listed in paragraph 1 above for the following purposes:
- To aid operational management of TNP core business;
- To assist TNP engineers with fault finding;
- To enable fulfilment of sales orders;
- To ensure communication is maintained between TNP and its customers;
- To enable TNP to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations with regard to customers, users and suppliers;
4. With whom and where will TNP share collected information?
Data will be shared internally within TNP for the operational purposes. Data sharing is restricted to those directly involved in the process for which it is intended.
TNP will not use data collected for marketing purposes other than where authorised by the customer. TNP will not pass on data to 3rd parties other than for the direct purpose for which it was intended.
5. How long will TNP keep my personal data
TNP will keep the personal data connected to customers and suppliers, for no more than 2 years after the date of last formal contact with that customer.
Signatures stored in picture format for use on official TNP documentation will be removed immediately on termination of contract
6. Where is my data stored?
The personal data collected will be saved on TNP servers, located within our UK based Data Centres. This will be in a variety of systems used by TNP for the operations of its business.
7. What are my rights in relation to my personal data?
Where you have consented to TNP using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time. Some data is necessary for the operation of TNP and is required as part of the employment contract. In this case withdrawal of consent will be rejected.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct it.
You also have the right, with some exceptions, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
Where you have provided your data to us and it is processed by automated means, you may be able to request that we provide it to you in a structured, machine reasonable format.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved. In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data by (a) by withdrawing your consent for us to use it; (b) if it is no longer necessary for us to use your personal data; (c) you object to the use of your personal data and we don’t have a good reason to continue to use it; or (d) we haven’t handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
8. Where can I find more information about TNP’s handling of my data?
Should you have any queries regarding this Privacy Notice, about TNP’s processing of your personal data or you wish to exercise your rights as described, you can contact TNP’s Data Protection Team using this email address:
If you are not happy with the response, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/