Our specialist networking and project management staff together with the experience gained over many years of running public sector networks and our own carrier network together constitute an invaluable tool for others to exploit. As such, a large portion of our work involves consulting with organisations of all sizes, from borough councils and local authorities through to enterprises, SMEs and schools.
It is very rare that we are asked to be involved in a project which we haven’t tackled successfully before. This experience means that we can foresee any potential issues before they manifest into problems and thus can complete the work faster and without incident. It also means that you can have peace of mind from our track record of previous successes.
The fact that TNP is a vendor-agnostic organisation ensures that we are in the business of giving you impartial, non-biased advice, with a focus on industry standards and best practise. We are experts in the design, implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting and procurement of network hardware and topologies of all sizes.
System and network design
TNP have experience in the following areas of system and network design, acting as trusted advisor to a variety of clients.
- LAN – HE projects with Lancaster University and multiple Local Government clients
- WLAN – Large scale HE, schools and BYOD projects for administration and public access with Blackpool Council
- Data Centre – Design and relocation for Local Government clients
- Security (firewall and filtering) – large public sector and school implementations
- Physical Infrastructure – specification and supervision of fibre and CATx copper infrastructure
- Voice & Unified Communications – review, strategy setting, implementation and ongoing management
This experience has been developed in the HE space with recent experience in Local Government and commercial enterprise. Out staff are fully qualified, holding accreditations with manufacturers such as Juniper (JNCIE), Cisco (CCNP) and Fortinet (FCNSP).
As ICT change becomes more and more complex, the requirement for project management increases.
At TNP our project management team have a wealth of experience managing projects, from small-scale to large ICT business transformation.
Delivered in parallel with our other service offerings or as a standalone service, we have the skills to tackle any ICT project, regardless of scale or complexity.
All of our project managers are PRINCE2 qualified and our programme managers are MSP qualified, ensuring that our projects are managed to industry standards and interoperate with your existing methodologies.
Our project management service will ensure that:
- Projects are fully defined, scoped and planned
- Regular checkpoint meetings are held so that key stakeholders are kept up to date on progress and issues
- Risks are highlighted and mitigated
- Issues are tracked and managed
- External dependencies are managed
- Deviations from the plan are managed, and where appropriate, escalated
- Projects are delivered on time and within budget
- The project is transitioned into Business As Usual (BAU) in a controlled manner
Dedicated to delivering large-scale ICT transformation comprising multiple projects, our programme managers will ensure that:
- A programme board is established and a Senior Responsible Owner (SRO) is appointed
- The programme vision is fully understood
- The capabilities and benefits are understood
- The blueprints for change are produced
- The programme is aligned to your organisation’s business strategy
- Benefits are tracked to ensure that they are realised
Cyber security is a high profile issue for most organisations and is one that cannot be ignored. Our experience in education and the public sector means that we understand the significance of security. TNP have detailed processes for data security which are accredited to ISO27001. Our ISMS (Information Security Management System) is audited annually to ensure continuing compliance. TNP can assist organisations with developing their:
- ISMS (Information Security Management System)
- PCI (Payment Cards Industry) Compliance
- PSN (Public Sector Network) Compliance
With our background in HE as both a procurer and supplier, we understand the public sector procurement rules and we are experienced and able to undertake the following:-
- Strategy Development
- Specification and User Requirements
- Options Appraisal
- Evaluation Models
- Tender Evaluation
- Supplier Engagement & Management
Networking Health Checks
The network engineers at TNP will perform an overall health check of your network. This will map out and analyse all facets of your current infrastructure with the aim of identifying issues surrounding, amongst other topics:
- Network bottlenecks
- Network loops
- Security issues
- Traffic segregation
- Redundancy & resilience (physical & logical)
- Traffic/resource monitoring
- IPv6 readyness
If you have been experiencing particular symptoms or a specific problem, we can combine our network diagnostic equipment, training and experience to help you to identify the root cause of your issue.
Once we are intricately familiar with your network we can make recommendations. These are based on any issues highlighted during the diagnosis stage and our general findings are based around best practice and governance.
Our recommendations will be made formally available as a written report. As well as detailing our findings, this report will also outline a roadmap of required work. Each highlighted issue and associated work package is given a severity rating to allow you to take effective, timely, remedial action where necessary.
Where required, TNP can assist you to plan and roll-out any necessary changes with minimum disruption to you and your customer base. At TNP, our staff have many years’ experience of managing projects, large and small, and our engineers are both accredited and practised in effectively managing complex work packages while adhering to any change-control procedures.